100 Hour Individual Study
Traditional Ayurveda Studies in India
Dancing Shiva offers specialized studies of Ayurveda in the traditional approach or gurukul in India. This provides students the opportunity to learn Ayurveda in an authentic environment in the Indian motherland. These 21 day programs are offered at the TanMan Ayurvedic Research center in the rural mountain areas of Bhukum Pune, in the southern state of Maharastra. Both Dancing Shiva and TanMan share twenty-year affiliate-partnership relationship that provides students the opportunity to gain 100 hours of certification in integral Ayurveda and Yoga.
About the TanMan Eco-Village
The clinic and research center is set on a hilly rural 27 acres of farmland that is covered with mango and coconut trees as well as a vast organic farm. The center itself is operated by the International Academy of Ayurveda, IAA, a team of Ayurvedic doctors (vaidyas) trained at various India institutions. TanMan provides complete Pancha Karma treatment facilities for integral healing of patients that visit the clinic for various health issues. Students will stay at the eco-village and receive individual lecture lessons on various topics of ayurvedic study, observe clinical consultations and therapeutic treatments, get familiar with various herbal plant medicines and spices from the live garden and practice postural yoga and meditation daily in the serenity of India’s natural southern landscape.
TanMan also offers:
- Over twenty acres of organic farming
- Pathyam organic vegetarian restaurant
- Medicinal herbal gardens
- Cow Club preservation farm
- Private cottages or dormitory accommodation options
- Option to receive Ayurvedic (Pancha Karma) healing treatments as per your health needs (Note: Personal treatments are not included)
More Specific Program Details
- Students receive a joint certification between Dancing Shiva and IAA for 100 hours of training.
- Private or small group study (Gurukulum) for 1-3 persons
- Students can begin their studies on the first Monday of each month
- 21 total program days & 15 actual classroom study days.
- Each classroom day includes 3 hours per-day of actual lecture-class on specified topics and 2 hours of practical-observations of pancha karma treatments, medicinal preparations, food preparations at Pathyam and organic gardening.
- 2-4 hours Seva (spiritual service) offered on weekends in the organic farm, working with the goshala (cow club), assisting with the ayurvedic therapies or assisting with food preparations at the Pathyam restaurant.
The Ideal Candidate for this Program
- Anyone who has already completed basic study of ayurvedic foundational principles and is now prepared for deepening their practice.
- Anyone who has completed the Dancing Shiva Yoga & Ayurveda Programs, however some additional study of dosha, dhatu, mala and strotasmi is required for those who have completed the 200 Yoga & Ayurveda Online program.
- Yoga & Ayurveda Therapist desiring greater clinical experience as per the original Vedic tradition.
- Yoga teachers who would like to diversify their knowledge of Ayurveda and embrace a more integral approach to healing and teaching.
- Ayurvedic Counselors trained in USA or Europe that want to gain greater experience from traditionally Indian trained clinicians in Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedic wisdom.
- Those seeking personal healing through knowledge and the environment of the TanMan Ayur-Vedic Eco-Village.
- Includes the 21 day training program plus single cottage accommodation, meals and an additional two nights for arrival-departure transition.
Total package: $3,575 (Note: Does not include air travel or personal ayurvedic treatments)
- Includes the 21 day training program plus shared cottageaccommodation (means two person per a spacious cottage with balcony), meals and an additional two nights for arrival-departure transition.
Total package: $3,245 (Note: Does not include air travel or personal ayurvedic treatments)
Registration and Additional Program Details
- All students are subject to approval by Mas Vidal as and availability at TanMan.
- Students are required to complete the Dancing Shiva registration form online. Click here
- Email us with your questions or to set up an interview:
- Upon Completion Students will receive their certificate via email directly from the Dancing Shiva program office.
- Shared accommodations are subject to availability or if you plan on traveling and sharing your room with a student friend, let us know?
- Students should arrange flights to Mumbai Shivaji International Airport
- Taxi from Mumbai International Airport to TanMan is approximately $50 usd (one-way) and is about 3 hours in duration door to door.
- We recommend arriving to India at least 1-2 days prior to the first Monday of each month to allow yourself to adjust to the time difference.
- Whenever possible we recommend taking direct flights to India from wherever you are living or flights with one stop over to make time adjustment much easier.
- From November-April climate is cool and moderate between 65-75 degrees F.
- Between May-October climate is a bit warmer ranging between 75-90 degrees F.