Spirit & Nature
Spirit & Nature
June 18th– 21st, 2015
Partake in a healthy journey at a spiritual summer boot camp for all who enjoy health, wellness, yoga and nature. This is a complete healing and rejuvenation of the mind, body and soul. Each year we come together to celebrate the summer solstice and enjoy physical wellness through Yoga, venerable muscle training disciplines in nature and Ayurvedic wisdom break out sessions. Its a great get-away to get in shape, get healthy lifestyle tips in our wisdom lectures and connect with a healthy community.
Arrive on Thursday afternoon (4-6pm) and depart on Sunday afternoon (4-6pm).
The Yoga Camp Includes:
• 60 minute Break-out sessions all afternoon.
• YOGA BODY: Classes (Therapeutic, detoxifying and spiritual) every morning taught by Mas.
• TAP SESSIONS: These boot-camp (tapasya) style sessions you will train your body through powerful techniques of muscle control to condition every single muscle in the body like never before with nature elements, using trees, ropes (Tug of War), mountain trails (vita-courses) and yoga exercises all done in the mountains of Ojai.
• WISDOM Lectures: Learn to heal through cooking classes, juicing and medicinal herbs.
• AYURVEDIC Therapies: Warm oil massages and some of the classic treatments are available upon request.
• SPIRITUAL MOVIE NIGHT: Awake: The Life Of Yogananda (See details below)
• KIRTAN: Live Indian devotional music with Mas Vidal and friends
• PRICING: $625 (All Inclusive) Includes meals, classes and accommodations.
Look for the complete daily schedule and more details by April 15th. Including special guest teachers and presenters.
SPREAD THE WORD....SPIRIT AND NATURE ARE DANCING TOGETHER
Special Evening Event:
The Spirit & Nature Yoga Camp will also be screening the celebrated film Awake: The Life Of Yogananda. This very special event will be hosted by Mas Vidal who participated in the film and will include an Aarti (light ceremony), kirtan with Mas and special guests doing chants to Yogananda, followed by a short meditation and Q & A after the film. This event will also commemorate International Yoga Day on the eve of the summer solstice. This is a semiprivate- public event and limited to 5o people.
DATE: Saturday, June 20th 2015
TIME: Kirtan 7:30pm / Aarti 8:30pm / Screening 8:40pm
Proceeds of the event go to supporting the Dancing Shiva Organization and the propagation of the annual Spirit & Nature event for the propagation of Yoga and Ayurveda wellness principles.
Note: For those attending the Yoga Camp, the film screening is included as part of the entire event.
Traveling to Ojai Foundation:
For those visiting from outside California you will want to fly into Los Angeles (LAX) and then either rent a car to drive north to Ojai or there are also shuttle services. Ojai is approximately 80-85 miles north of LA and takes about 90 minutes to two hours to reach the Ojai Foundation which is located in the Upper valley.
ADDRESS: 9739 Ojai-Santa Paula Road, Ojai. CA 93023. 805 646-8343
WHAT TO BRING:
• Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets/blankets and a pillow) We will also provide this for visitors outside of California that are flying in. • Towels and personal toiletries
• A flashlight with extra batteries (We have solar power, and lighting is limited after dark). Do not bring candles or lanterns.
• There is no provision for plugging in hair dryers, and limited provision for cell phone chargers and computers. There is limited wireless internet service in an outdoor covered area in front of the main office if necessary.
• A water bottle--we have filtered water on the Land for refills.
• A covered mug or container for hot drinks. (Optional) This is just for anyone wanting to have it to walk around the grounds.
• Comfortable, sturdy foot wear and comfortable clothing (we sit primarily on backjacks or cushions on the floor … chairs are available as well).
• Sunscreen and insect repellant (natural ingredients) during summer months