Terms and Conditions - Consultation
INFORMED CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMPLEMENTARY HEALTH CARE
1. An Ayurvedic consultation or therapies such as the detoxification program (Pancha Karma) are no substitute for medical care and offers no health warranties or guarantees of any kind.
2. Always consult a physician before starting any Ayurvedic or yogic or health program.
3. In subscribing to an Ayurvedic consultation with Mas Vidal or registering for classes, events and/or treatments at Dancing Shiva or in association with Mas Vidal at an affiliated center you agree you do so at your own risk.
4. This includes recommendations to your diet, health supplements, ayurvedic treatments, yoga therapy or participation in any related activity such as retreats or special events.
5. You agree on behalf of yourself (and your personal representatives, heirs, executors, administrators, agents and assigns), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, to release and discharge us (and our affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns) from any and all claims or causes of action (known and unknown) arising out of your or our acts or omissions, including negligence.
6. This waiver and release of liability includes, without limitation, injuries which may occur as a result of a) your use of any equipment or facilities, b) any instruction and supervision received while at Dancing Shiva Yoga and Ayurveda c) your slipping and falling while in the studio or on the premises and/or d) therapeutic care in various healing modalities.
7. Dancing Shiva Yoga & Ayurveda is not a medical facility.
8. The National Institute of Health Office of Complementary and Alternative Medicine currently considers Ayurveda a form of complementary and alternative medicine in the United States. In the State of California, Ayurveda is a non-licensed profession. Its practice was formally legalized under the passage of Senate Bill 577 in January 2003. Ayurvedic Consultations are considered alternative or complementary to healing arts that are licensed by the State of California.
9. No one in association with Dancing Shiva may recommend altering your treatments/prescriptions without the approval of your physician.
10. The Practitioner may suggest that you speak to your doctor about reducing medications when he/she feels that it is appropriate.
11. This examination does not take the place of a medical evaluation.
12. Your Practitioner may take your blood pressure, check pulse and other vital signs and perform some examination techniques similar to a routine medical examination and is evaluating findings from an Ayurvedic viewpoint only and not from a Western medical perspective. You acknowledge you have carefully read this form and release Mas Vidal and Dancing Shiva center of all liabilities. You are agreeing to waive any right you may have to bring legal action to assert claim against Mas Vidal or Dancing Shiva center.